Sunday, June 14, 2009

Healing Nicely



We leave for Shriners in the morning for the fitting for her prothesis. Her incision is healing nicely and she had her first real bath in several weeks. We've been giving her partial baths in the sink, or used the hand held shower. She loves her baths so much. We got shoes for the fitting this week and I am not sure about the size....they will really be the first shoes she can walk in. We are excited to see the end result of the amputation .....the ability to walk without a limp. A few weeks from now I will travel again to Shreveport for her therapy with her new leg and foot.

She is such a trooper and nothing keeps her down. In fact she is back to her old antics of climbing on the counters and getting stuck in places. LOL. I had to rescue her yesterday because she had pulled out the bottom drawer to get to the top drawer in the bathroom and got her arm stuck in the top drawer. Oh, My she has learned to open doors.....nothing is safe anymore. She stands on her one tippy=toe and hangs onto the doorknob and lets her body weigh fall and the door opens. I have to make certain the dead bolts are in place in the front door or she would crawl to the street. She is a mover. LOL

(don't know why I cannot put this post in right order)

5 comments:

Aus said...

Well ain't that wonderful news? Thanks for the update - and it's just a blessing to see our kids grow and develop through all of these problems! Ya'll are doing a great job!

hugs - aus and co.

The Gang's Momma! said...

Great update. I've been wondering. Thanks for your thoughts the other day on the adoption conversation. I'm anxious to hear about your swing set experience. I was all fired up on your behalf just reading about it. Can't wait to hear about this appt. at Shriners also.

Hugs to you guys!

Anonymous said...

How amazing she is! I bet when she get her prostesis she will never stop. You are so blessed and she is so beautiful.
Patricia

Amy Hittle said...

Love your blog! Made me cry!! I tried to e-mail you but it keeps bouncing back. Please e-mail me at hittles.virginia@yahoo.com or call me at 540/645-9620. Check out our daughters blog at www.beautifulLara.blogspot.com. Laura and Naomi are very similiar. I can't wait to see how well Naomi is going to do.

MississippiZen said...

Our daughter's share an amazing resemblence! Glad to here that she is doing well through all her appts.

Margie